Saturday, January 2, 2010

Status as of Saturday Morning

From Sue:

Our last reported sighting was on Thursday 12/31 near Franklin Farm Village Shopping Center in Chantilly. We will be putting posters up in the area today. It is bitter cold and windy with several days of more of the same forecast. I hope he has found shelter if he remains in this new area, or that he has retreated to the safe harbor he used to weather the December snow storm.

I updated Craigslist today to reflect the new sighting, adding Chantilly to the location heading. The local HOA has been notified by the homeowner who had the sighting and this should help get the word out to the entire community. I will contact schools in the area first thing Monday so teachers and staff will be on the lookout for him. I am so very cold, I cannot bear to think how he must be suffering in this weather.



Update later Saturday morning:  Please be sure to read the comments from this and the previous update.

3 comments:

  1. Hi - I live in the Franklin Glen community right next to Franklin Farm - you may want to put posters there as well. I once had a run away dog that I just adopted and was able to lure him back to me with a squeaky toy. Is there a chance that may work with Thunder? If so I can bring one on my walks just in case. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy -- Fascinating that you would bring that up at this moment, when I was JUST preparing to make that very suggestion in response to another comment on yesterday's update! I'll do that now here . . .

    Rosalind - can you add a squeaker to what you carry? I don't know if at this point he would be in play mode, and I think of a squeaker as being all about playing, but it probably won't hurt!!!

    Tracy -- how long had your dog been lost when a squeaker worked effectively as a lure?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dog had only been lost for a few hours, so I realize this is a different situation. But from my experience most dogs can't resist the the urge to investigate a squeaking sound - so my thought was it may be useful if someone spots Thunder nearby. When someone spotted my dog I walked up that street "squeaking" and he eventually came to me. I also walked away from him to get him to "chase" me.

    I did put up a flyer for Thunder on Springhaven Drive at a stop sign (main road through my development).

    ReplyDelete